From: "Cynthia VanDenBerge" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 1:55 AM
Subject: [IP] help with trigger finger

 Hi all, I have been dealing with trigger finger for over a year now and it
is getting worse.  I went to the doctor several months ago and he suggested
some stretching exercises and a possible brace at night.  Well, that is not
doing a thing and it is getting worse..to the point I can't even make a
fist.  I did get a cortisone shot in my shoulder for something else and it
did help the pain of the trigger finger for a day or two. Of course my BGs
went sky high, and the fix was very temporary.  My question was about
surgery.  I know only a few people who have had it and the reviews are
mixed. Has anyone on this list had surgery and was the fix a good one?  The
thing that makes me very sad is that I can no longer play guitar
comfortably.  I am 52 and just can't imagine going the rest of my life
dealing with this pain and restriction.  Thoughts?   Cynthia