  From: Janette Dunn
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:36 PM
  Subject: RE: [IPu] MM 508 supplies - direct purchase shops in Melbourne,
Australia?

  Hi Rupesh,

  I have checked with Medtronic  Australia today.  YOU DO NOT NEED A
  PRESCRIPTION to purchase Pump supplies in Australia.
  Subsidised Pump supplies under the NDSS scheme, which Diabetes Australia
  manages for the Australian Government, is only available to
  Australian citizens or permanent residents.

  It would be against the law for someone who has NDSS registration to
  purchase supplies for someone else.  If they were found to be
  doing this, their NDSS registration would likely be withdrawn and / or they
  would be prosecuted.
  The amount of Pump supplies purchased by NDSS members is also monitored ...
  this means you can be asked to account for the amount of supplies ordered
  and they can be limited if your use is considered excessive.

  I did explain the cost of Medical treatment / insulin and Pump supplies and
  the implications to you prior to you travelling to Australia.

  Please consider the other options I have suggested and do not ask others to
  break the law by purchasing supplies for you.
  Regards,
  Janette