Re: [IPu] Change from Humalog to Novorapid

Hi Jill and All,
I started Pumping with Humalog (prior to that I used Animal Insulin).  I
lasted 6 weeks on Humalog.
Problems ... Red rash at Infusion site; this later developed into a red lump
which became very itchy
(the itching was so severe it would wake me at night) this lasted for about
a week after infusion
removal; infusion sites failed rapidly ... my record was 1/2 a day (yep  !..
pretty expensive).

I suffered increasing insulin resistance (having to increase insulin doses
to get my BGs down); in the
 last few weeks I had really bad stinging and burning at the infusion site
when I bolused.

I changed to NovoRapid and found things actually worked like it was supposed
to ....

Site irritation stopped.  BG's leveled out.  My Insulin needs dropped after
I stopped having to take
extra Insulin to get my BGs down.
No change in my weight.

Humalog and I have a mutual understanding ...we hate each other !

I'm just pleased that Novo works fine on me !!
Warm Regards,
Janette

PS.  IP stats say about 5% of Pumpers have a problem with either Humalog or
NovoRapid.
In the US NovoRapid is called Novolog.