[IPu] Fw: [IP] Formulary question

And George's response indicates a fight for an individuals required
Insulin ...
----- Original Message -----
From: "George" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Formulary question

 At 5:10 PM -0700 4/24/05, Lauren Selikoff wrote:

United Healthcare just sent me a letter letting me
know that Humalog is no longer a formulary drug and
will not be covered, but Novolog is. Do I have any
recourse? If so, what do I do?
Thanks!
Lauren

         Prepare for Battle!!!

 I just love it when ins. cos. think they know everything.  Document,
 document, document!  Get every name, date, time recorded on any
 conversation. Send all mail via Certified.  Get your doctor to write
 a Letter of Medical Necessity that documents your problems with
 Novolog.   Until this is resolved, be prepared to pay the
 non-formulary prices.

 George