Re: [IPu] (Fwd) FW: Disetronic cartridges and infusion sets on Governmen

Hi Alan and Heather,

The DTRON takes either unfilled or "prefilled" cartridges.  Unfilled for the
DTRON can be obtained in glass or plastic (this was what I was told by
Disetronic last year).  Remember "prefilled" cartridges for the DTRON are
only useful if you use Humalog, they are not made for NovoRapid (and use
will waive your warranty).

The HTRON uses plastic cartridges (sold in a box of 25).  I contacted
Medical Specialties Australia who distribute Disetronic in Australia today.
HTRONs use plastic cartridges (they have a couple of "old stock" glass
cartridges but that's all).  I will be speaking with John Douglas / Barry
Cook early next week and will ask that they clarify some of the issues being
raised on the site about the DTRON and the PBS issues for infusions /
cartridges.

Better yet .. one of them should join the site so issues can be addressed
directly.  (Barry did belong to the site but the number of US emails
overwhelmed him) !

Hope everyone had a safe, happy and healthy Easter.

Warm Regards,

Janette