  From: Alan Reed
  To: email @ redacted
  Cc: John Douglas
  Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 11:46 AM
  Subject: Re: [IPu] (Fwd) FW: Disetronic cartridges and infusion sets on
Governmen

  Lynette,
  The Disetronic infusion sets can be used on MiniMed pumps but only their
  'tender' set can be dis-connected.  It is similar to the MiniMed Soft Set
  but their is no inserter tool for it.  Providing that your hands can handle
  it it is well worth trying. MiniMed infusion sets are not covered at the
  moment however an application is being made.
  The local supplier of Disetronic pumps and infusion sets is to be
  congratulated for his hard work and their latest insulin pump is a leader
in
  my opinion as it uses 3 ml cartridges of insulin. I did hear a rumour that
  the specific cartridges it used were to be removed from the market. I spoke
  yesterday to the Lilly Product Manager, Mr Greg Williamson re availability
  of their 3 ml Humalog insulin in cartridges and he told me that it's supply
  is guaranteed.(he was very happy for me to use his name).
  Alan Reed  Admin.