Re: [IPu] (Fwd) FW: Disetronic cartridges and infusion sets on Governmen

Alan

Lets be accurate about this, it is identical to the minimed set that is
available in other countries including US, NZ and UK, except for the needle
insert ( it is made by the same company!) THEY have decided that in
Australia it is going to be supplied by Distronic. Distronic do not supply
inserters (I suspect that minimed hold the licence) and so distronic tell
you it does not need an inserter. It has its own inserter (I have one) and
works very nicely with it IF it is supplied with the correct needles. It is
distronics decision to exclude us from using these sets with an inserter,
and now to exclude those of us who prefer to use one from saving some money!

I am quite happy for Distronic to come back on this - but last time they
said their set did not need an inserter which is hogwash - they just do not
support it!

Ian

Dr Ian Wright,
3, Cambridge Drive,