From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Alan Reed
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 11:46 AM
To: email @ redacted
Cc: John Douglas
Subject: Re: [IPu] (Fwd) FW: Disetronic cartridges and infusion sets on
Governmen

Lynette,
The Disetronic infusion sets can be used on MiniMed pumps but only their
'tender' set can be dis-connected.  It is similar to the MiniMed Soft Set
but their is no inserter tool for it.  Providing that your hands can handle
it it is well worth trying. MiniMed infusion sets are not covered at the
moment however an application is being made.
The local supplier of Disetronic pumps and infusion sets is to be
congratulated for his hard work and their latest insulin pump is a leader in
my opinion as it uses 3 ml cartridges of insulin. I did hear a rumour that
the specific cartridges it used were to be removed from the market. I spoke
yesterday to the Lilly Product Manager, Mr Greg Williamson re availability
of their 3 ml Humalog insulin in cartridges and he told me that it's supply
is guaranteed.(he was very happy for me to use his name).
Alan Reed  Admin.