Re: [IPu] Hellow

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doris Millar" <
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [IPu] Hellow
Sent: Tuesday, 16 April 2002 15:37
> Subject: [IPu] Hellow
> > Dear Alan,
> > The programmes they have in the U.K. and America on pump use would be
> if we could get something out here.

This is a great idea.

Diabetes Australia to me are very
> lethargic regarding helping us pump users getting some help from the
> Government re the cost of comsumables, etc. etc.

I havent been to their site for awhile, the net is a great way for people at
home to gather information and communicate so having more information
available would be wonderful for diabetics
I am in the process of updating my, diabetes sites folder, so I will have a
look at the Diabetes Australia site to see what has changed.

We are somewhat few in
> number so we go to the end of the queue.
> My stomach region will not accept or absorb insulin so I am inserting
> my ribcage area.   I don't know for how long I can do  this  - run out of
> places  but for now it is O.K.
I hope it works out Doris,
 Ive always used the stomach area, however  in the last few months I have
tried using other areas now and then, the hip worked ok but felt
uncomfortable most of the time so I usually go back to the stomach.  Good
news today:) used the hip and it feels great or should I say I dont feel it
.. Now I can monitor and see how my levels go using this area.

Yes Alan, enjoy your journey :-)

Pumping 11 months