From: Phoenix Becker
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:10 PM
To: Insulin Pumpers
Subject: [IP] Need Help Finding Good Pump Supply Company

I really need help finding a new pump supply company. My supply company has
recently been bought out it has become clear that they expect me to go
without supplies for at least a week or more every month! I've done a lot
of online research and called a list my insurance company gave me but I
have not been able to find a single option. I'm in Massachusetts so the
company would have to serve my area. If you have a company that you are
reasonably happy with then please share. Then I can call them and see if
they take my insurance. Yes, I know about MiniMed direct but they don't
take my insurance. Considering I have pretty much devoted my life to making
sure I always have plenty of medical supplies on hand you can see how
distressing this is.

I've used Neighborhood Diabetes for years very happily until they were
recently sold to Liberty and it has been hellish trying to get my supplies
ever since. I called Neighborhood on August 19th because my supplies should
have automatically arrived a week earlier. They informed me that they were
transferring to a new computer system and no orders were going out unless
you called and asked for it. They confirmed my prescriptions and said they
would send out my order priority immediately. The next week I received a
call from my Endo's office saying they had sent new scripts to my supply
companie. On August 31st I called Neighborhood again because I had still
not recieved my supplies, they said that they were not sending my supplies
because they were waiting for prescriptions, I pointed out that they had
confirmed my prescriptions when I called on the 19th, they then admitted
that the prescriptions were in their other computer and they could have
sent the supplies. I told them that I was out of infusion sets and they
said they would overnight my order. I asked them what was going wrong with
the company and they admitted that they had just been bought out by
Liberty. On 9/2/16 I called Liberty because I still had not received my
order, they explained that they had overnighted some test strips to me and
had mailed my infusion set my sloooow mail that day. This is the type of
dysfunctional mix up that made it clear that Liberty was not going to work
out. Bye then it was the Friday before Labor Day weekend so I was stuck. I
spent two and a half hours on the phone to talk to a manager who basically
said they could not do anything, but did say they would send me 6 free
infusion set to use in future emergencies and they would send out my next
order the following week since my order would be arriving an entire month
late.

I finally got my supplies on September 6th. They have also really cut back
how many supplies I get. You have to fight to get even a few IV preps which
stinks because with the sureT you really need the IV preps to keep them in
place. The worst part is when I called about my next order they claimed
that because my last order was so late insurance would not let them send my
next order until October (effectively skipping one order) and they could
not ship the new order until 30 days after I received my previous order.
Now I only received 30 days of supplies and the order will take about 6
days to ship to me so that effectively means that every month I will be
without supplies for about a week. Guess what? They also canceled the 6
free infusion sets they were going to give me because they said I don't
need them and  the person I was speaking to said they could not give
emergency supplies. Despite the fact that all of this was their fault to
begin with.

For years Neighborhood would happily ship out my supplies every three weeks
arriving in plenty of time and I always had what I needed, and there were
no unreasonable 'Insurance Rules' keeping them from getting the supplies I
needed. I really suspect that Liberty is pretending that their are more
rules than there really are just so they can short supplies and make more
money on their supply contract.

I don't know why pump supply companies are all so underground....that
doesn't really help anyone. I just really need to find a better company and
get away from this one as soon as possible. I appreciate any and all
suggestions. Thanks.

Phoenix
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)

---