Re: [IP] Need Help Finding Good Pump Supply Company

Kristina's suggestion that you get "Rx's for more than your usual
monthly need" is very plausible".  Also, do you have more than one
pump, like a back up?  If so, it may make your diabetes care more
flexible in that, as long as you have reservoirs for pump(s) and the
connection between the reservoir and the infusion is a "luer" lock
(Google this term if unfamiliar with it), then you can pretty much use
other infusions.

Another thing to do in the future is try to extend the use of your
infusion if you can.  For example, do you change every two and a half
to three days?  If so, change the infusion every three days and few
hours more to save on infusions.  In time, you will have saved
(hoarded) infusions for emergencies.  By having your doctor write
"Rx's for more than your usual monthly need", you will have more
supplies.

Also, be on the lookout for people who are giving/selling supplies
they no longer use.  You may be able to use them.  You are fortunate
that your insurance pays for strips and IV preps.  I had to give up
using IV preps when my insurance, years ago, stopped paying for them..
I currently have no insurance, so I use the cheapest meter and strips
on the market, the Walmart brand ReliOn.  They work fine and I keep
track of what my BG's pattern is.  Then every 3 to 6 I do an A1C to
make sure that I am on target.

 All this takes time; but it is doable with a little patience. Good luck to you.