Re: [IP] How to refer to Section 504 in a letter to the school

While the 504 is good for kids who cannot yet manage diabetes by
themselves, as adults they may be discriminated against even if no one
admits it.  I worked for 40 years with diabetes and never once I
invoked diabetes as an excuse for not doing something.  I was brought
up that you do what you have to do.

However, I have known people who went on disability because of
diabetes.   Frankly, I have my doubts about these situations.  We know
of many successful achievers and athletes who have overcome the
shortcomings of diabetes.  I have also known people who go home
claiming sickness for a broken nail.  I guess it depends on how you
have been brought up.