From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Shelby L. Brock
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:59 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] How to refer to Section 504 in a letter to the school

Hi, Morgan.  I've found that when something happens at school regarding my
son's diabetes, I first write a non-confrontational email to the school.
I'll say something like, "As I'm sure you are aware, docking my son
regarding any issue related to his diabetes is not in compliance with his
504.  I'm sure you will fix this right away"  or "I'm sure this was an
oversight, but ..."
closing with "I look forward to hearing from you when this issue has been
resolved."

Sometimes it just slips between the cracks somehow and they need to be
reminded.  However, if they refuse or argue with you about it, then I would
bring up how they are not complying with Federal law and you will take this
to the next level if it's not resolved right away.  But I've found that they
are usually apologetic and fix whatever the problem is right away.  I want
to keep things as non-confrontational as possible unless absolutely
necessary.

Just my 2 cents.

Shelby
(Mom to Peyton, 12 years, dx at 18 mos.) .
Make a long URL short at http://type1.org Donate with every purchase
http://smile.amazon.com/ (select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)