Re: [IP] How to refer to section 504 in a letter to the school

Have you set up a 504 plan? That would be a first requirement and it
is up to you to request the plan meeting.

Send a written request for a meeting to set up a plan that defines
hte accomodations needed. By law the school district has 30 days to
schedule a meeting. Have your plan ready, preferably signed or
accompanied by a letter from her endo. The school district is not
allowed to refues any reasonable accomadation. The can not require
"anything" i.e. that she test in the nurses office, at certain times,
whatever. She must be allowed time to test, anywhere she choses. She
must be given extra time during school tests if that is needed for
her to deal with her diabetes, including postponement of schoolwork
or testing if that is what is required for her bg's or other diabetes
related problems to be resolved FIRST. There's bunches more, do some
google research. Join the POP mail list and query the other parents
that have dealt with this.

Michael