[IP] Insulin using Pump Part B Medicare does NOT work with Kaiser Permanente!!!

I went through four months of APPEALS within Kaiser and with assistance from
outside guidance {SHIP}.   DENIED DENIED DENIED.

Prescription written correctly for use in insulin pump BUT I am always billed
to Part D. Even a letter to the head of KP did nothing for me.

One KP Pharmacist told me that the prescription as written should be FLAGGED
to be billed to Part B.  Then I was told by an individual through SHIP that
Kaiser Permanente does NOT have a Part B billing department!  KP claims they
do.

Extremely frustrating that Kaiser Permanente ignores their own Medicare
rules.

I am coming up for the ability to change Medicare provider and seriously
looking at other insurers.  I have been a member of KP since 1984!

Calling Medicare themselves did not help. They agreed that my insulin should
be billed to Part B but that is as far as they go.

Becky LaSpina

Type I since 1957

Animas PING currently

member of IP since 1998