From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Cindi
Goldman-Patin
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:50 PM
To: insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted>;
email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Fwd: [Diabetes Technology Announcements] - Tandem Tslim and G4
integration FDA approved!

Hot off the press

Sent from Cindi's iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Molly McElwee- Malloy, RN,CDE" <email @ redacted>
> Date: September 9, 2015 at 11:55:14 EDT
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [Diabetes Technology Announcements] - Tandem Tslim and G4
integration FDA approved!

> SAN DIEGO, Sept. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Tandem Diabetes CareB., Inc.
(NASDAQ: TNDM) today announced U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval of
the t:slim G4b" Insulin Pump, the first and only touch-screen pump with
continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) integration, for use by people 12 years
of age or older who use insulin. It combines features of the t:slimB.
Insulin Pump and  Dexcom G4B. PLATINUM CGM System, devices that have
consistently ranked #1 in independent surveys1, into a single device that is
simple to use.
The t:slim G4 Pump is the only pump that conveniently displays CGM graphs
and trend information with current insulin delivery activity together on the
home screen to help make informed treatment decisions. Orders for the t:slim
G4 Insulin Pump can be placed now with shipments expected to begin in
October 2015.

> "The t:slim G4 Pump combines our intuitive touch-screen interface and
> bright
color display with Dexcom's CGM technology, giving the diabetes community a
powerful new tool to help simplify therapy management," said Kim
Blickenstaff, President and Chief Executive Officer of Tandem Diabetes Care.
"CGM integration has been one of the most requested features since the
launch of the t:slim Pump.  The addition of t:slim G4 to our product family
allows us to address a wider variety of diabetes management needs through
the broadest range of insulin pump options available from one company."

> "The integration of Tandem's touch-screen interface and Dexcom's G4
> PLATINUM
CGM product could prove to be a powerful combination for people with
diabetes," said Kupper Wintergerst, MD, pediatric endocrinologist at the
University of Louisville and director of the Wendy L. Novak Diabetes Care
Center in Louisville, KY.  "It's great to have another integrated option for
my patients, particularly one with an age indication for people as young as
12 years old."

> "We believe the t:slim G4 Pump's touch screen technology and simple
> user
interface are a great combination for Dexcom G4 PLATINUM CGM integration,"
said Steve Pacelli, EVP, Strategy and Corporate Development at Dexcom.
"CGM-integration is key to future automated insulin delivery technology, and
we are pleased to be working with a company like Tandem who is continuously
innovating to make diabetes technology simpler to use for people with
diabetes."

> The t:slim G4 Pump is the newest addition to the Company's family of
products, which includes the t:slimB. and t:flexb" Insulin Pumps.  Each
pump in the portfolio features a touch-screen with a streamlined,
user-friendly interface.  This provides people rapid access to frequently
used features while eliminating the need for excessive scrolling and button
pressing, making these features simple to learn and simple to use. Each
Tandem product utilizes modern technology, such as a built-in rechargeable
battery and micro-USB port for convenient charging and fast data transfers.
They also feature the Company's Micro-DeliveryB. technology that allows for
basal delivery every 5 minutes in increments as small as 0.001 unit. The
t:slim G4 and t:slim Pumps are the slimmest and smallest durable insulin
pumps on the market, yet still hold up to 300 units of insulin, and the
t:flex offers similar size benefits while holding up to 480 units of
insulin.

> The t:slim G4 Pump can operate as a stand-alone insulin pump without
> CGM, or
be paired with a Dexcom G4 PLATINUM sensor.  When paired with a sensor, the
CGM component of the pump closely mimics the interface of the Dexcom system,
tracking glucose continuously and displaying color-coded graphs and arrows
directly on the Pump's home screen2.  The system also allows users to
program personalized information, such as glucose targets and alerts, and
has an alarm feature to notify the user if glucose levels rise or fall to
dangerous levels.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tandem-diabetes-care-announces-fda-a
proval-of-tslim-g4-insulin-pump-with-cgm-integration-300139659.html

> Site Links: View post online   View mailing list online   Unsubscribe from
this mailing list   Manage your subscription

Make a long URL short at http://type1.org Donate with every purchase
http://smile.amazon.com/ (select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)