[IP] Fwd: [Diabetes Technology Announcements] - Tandem Tslim and G4 integration FDA approved!

Hot off the press

Sent from Cindi's iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Molly McElwee- Malloy, RN,CDE" <email @ redacted>
> Date: September 9, 2015 at 11:55:14 EDT
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [Diabetes Technology Announcements] - Tandem Tslim and G4
integration FDA approved!

> SAN DIEGO, Sept. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Tandem Diabetes CareB., Inc.
(NASDAQ: TNDM) today announced U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval of
the t:slim G4b" Insulin Pump, the first and only touch-screen pump with
continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) integration, for use by people 12 years of
age or older who use insulin. It combines features of the t:slimB. Insulin
Pump and  Dexcom G4B. PLATINUM CGM System, devices that have consistently
ranked #1 in independent surveys1, into a single device that is simple to use.
The t:slim G4 Pump is the only pump that conveniently displays CGM graphs and
trend information with current insulin delivery activity together on the home
screen to help make informed treatment decisions. Orders for the t:slim G4
Insulin Pump can be placed now with shipments expected to begin in October
2015.

> "The t:slim G4 Pump combines our intuitive touch-screen interface and bright
color display with Dexcom's CGM technology, giving the diabetes community a
powerful new tool to help simplify therapy management," said Kim Blickenstaff,
President and Chief Executive Officer of Tandem Diabetes Care. "CGM
integration has been one of the most requested features since the launch of
the t:slim Pump.  The addition of t:slim G4 to our product family allows us to
address a wider variety of diabetes management needs through the broadest
range of insulin pump options available from one company."

> "The integration of Tandem's touch-screen interface and Dexcom's G4 PLATINUM
CGM product could prove to be a powerful combination for people with
diabetes," said Kupper Wintergerst, MD, pediatric endocrinologist at the
University of Louisville and director of the Wendy L. Novak Diabetes Care
Center in Louisville, KY.  "It's great to have another integrated option for
my patients, particularly one with an age indication for people as young as 12
years old."

> "We believe the t:slim G4 Pump's touch screen technology and simple user
interface are a great combination for Dexcom G4 PLATINUM CGM integration,"
said Steve Pacelli, EVP, Strategy and Corporate Development at Dexcom.
"CGM-integration is key to future automated insulin delivery technology, and
we are pleased to be working with a company like Tandem who is continuously
innovating to make diabetes technology simpler to use for people with
diabetes."

> The t:slim G4 Pump is the newest addition to the Company's family of
products, which includes the t:slimB. and t:flexb" Insulin Pumps.  Each pump
in the portfolio features a touch-screen with a streamlined, user-friendly
interface.  This provides people rapid access to frequently used features
while eliminating the need for excessive scrolling and button pressing, making
these features simple to learn and simple to use. Each Tandem product utilizes
modern technology, such as a built-in rechargeable battery and micro-USB port
for convenient charging and fast data transfers. They also feature the
Company's Micro-DeliveryB. technology that allows for basal delivery every 5
minutes in increments as small as 0.001 unit. The t:slim G4 and t:slim Pumps
are the slimmest and smallest durable insulin pumps on the market, yet still
hold up to 300 units of insulin, and the t:flex offers similar size benefits
while holding up to 480 units of insulin.

> The t:slim G4 Pump can operate as a stand-alone insulin pump without CGM, or
be paired with a Dexcom G4 PLATINUM sensor.  When paired with a sensor, the
CGM component of the pump closely mimics the interface of the Dexcom system,
tracking glucose continuously and displaying color-coded graphs and arrows
directly on the Pump's home screen2.  The system also allows users to program
personalized information, such as glucose targets and alerts, and has an alarm
feature to notify the user if glucose levels rise or fall to dangerous
levels.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tandem-diabetes-care-announces-fda-ap
proval-of-tslim-g4-insulin-pump-with-cgm-integration-300139659.html

> Site Links: View post online   View mailing list online   Unsubscribe from
this mailing list   Manage your subscription