[IP] Weight gain at infusion site

I learned there are different kinds of fat.B  I don't see anyone mentioning
that yet.

There is the fat we gain from eating too many calories and it can be reduced
with diet and exercise.
There is also lipohypertrophy fat which occurs at the site of insulin
injections. Insulin as a hormone causes this. This is a minor complication of
DM.

I began pumping using my abdomen area exclusively for its fast take up.B  Over
time I grew fat pads there.B  And after more time I found these places no
longer worked as well.B  I would be prone to getting blood in the infusion
set.
So I moved to my waist area.B  And over time I grew my own muffin top.B  Now I
am moving the sites higher to stay off those fat pads.
The lipohyertrophy kind of fat does not reduce by diet and exercise.B B  I use
my abdomen area for Dexcom sensors now.B
Here is a link to a wikipedia article.B  It says over time, no longer using
that area this fat can reduce. I will agree but say it is not dramatic or
quick.
MaryleDexcom,Spirit

Lipohypertrophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

| B  |
| B  | B  | B  | B  | B  |
| Lipohypertrophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaLipohypertrophy[1] is a
medical term that refers to a lump under the skin caused by accumulation of
extra fat at the site of many subcutaneous injections of insulin. It may be
unsightly, mildly painful, and may change the timing or completeness of
insulin action. It is a common, m... |
|  |
| View on en.wikipedia.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
| B  |