Re: [IP] Re: veterans admin and pump supplies

I am not really sure. I got my original prescription from a non VA endo.
When I met with the VA endo I told him I was having numerous lows and had
difficulty controlling on MDI. They seemed to accept that when I asked if
they would provide my supplies. I was told if I ever lost my good control
they could stop providing them. Seems to be kind of hit and miss but that
is probably true with most type 2's. I was pretty knowledgeable and kept
intensive logs and graphs. It was indicated that made me a good candidate.
I guess a lot of folks they have given pumps to think the pump will do it
all and allow them to do what they want. Knowing that you still need to
exercise and watch your diet was very important to them.
Before I moved to Florida the Maryland VA clinic had no one on a pump.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Kurt