[IP] Advil vs Tylenol anyone?

Hello Everyone, I was recently told by a an ER Doctor who associate is a
kidney Dr. That at age 50 diabetics should not take Advil, naproxen type OTC.
I was like really? My kidneys are fine now. Was anyone every told this before?
He told me to take Tylenol if needed I was in car accident recently and he is
the Rehab Dr. He just told me this since he thought I should know this. I have
never had anyone tell me this before. I took Advil mainly for pain. He said to
take aspirin too. But I take 81 mg dailey and was told not to take anymore
then that. Then you hear all the bad about Tylenol, although I buy the
generic. Any thoughts please let me know.

Thanks Eileen
Type 1 46 years