[IP] Version IQ

 Denise-I don't know why Edgepark shows absurd pricing, but the actual price is
much less than that.

 For example, the One Touch test strips I ordered in August came through as the
charges being $1151 for 18 vials or $64 for each vial of 50 strips. However, the
next column showed the amount allowed as $647 or $36 per vial. Early in the year
when I had to pay for them, I paid the contracted rate of $36 per vial, not $64.

 Same with infusion sets. The Charges show $1385 for 4 boxes or $346 per box
which is tons more than the Medtronic store. However, the allowed amount is $389
or 97.50 per box. That is what MCHA pays and also what I paid before my
deductible was satisfied.

 As I said before, you need to be sure that the rep quotes you Medica negotiated
prices, not the inflated price. When I placed my first order with MCHA a few
years ago, the first rep quoted me the inflated prices. I called again and few
days later and got a more informed rep and got the actual insurance negotiated
prices. It's a much better deal to get your test strips at Edgepark than through
your pharmacy benefits.

 I have a $3000 deductible with MCHA which allows me to have an HSA account.
Once I reach the deductible, MCHA pays 100%. I have arthritis as well as Type 1,
so I meet the deductible by April or May.

I met you at a MOA meet-up a few years ago.