[IP] Steroid shots for pain management

Has anyone ever taken these?  How did you react.

I had 2 in my back today and they told me to check my bs frequently today.
However I was so groggy from the feel good stuff that I slept until almost 8
this evening.  At 9 my bs was 454 - the OmniPod won't even bolus that high
and I had to use a Novolog pen.

I just took it again and it's only down to 322.  Since the pen was out I
used it again so that I didn't burn up this pod in record time.

Anyone have any experiences with these pain management steroid shots?

T2 dx 11/92 OmniPod 2/10