[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V11 #964

Diane -Yes, I believe that your experience is what I expect also. You must
produce a blood sugar log for your supplier (DHS) every six months... just in
case Medicare wants to check on you. If DHS does not have your log, you could
be denied Medicare payment, which means DHS would have to ask you to cough up
the money that was denied by Medicare. Not only that, if you had additional or
secondary insurance, they would not be able to pay the additional 20%. End
result? You get billed for the entire amount for the supplies you ordered. We
are in the same situation re: a new pump since my pump is also 4 years old, we
have to wait until year 5 to get a replacement pump.
Best Regards, Tom