Re: [IP] Re: changing morning bolus

----- Original Message ----

> From: "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
> Most probably what you are experiencing is a cortisol rise. This is
> according to Lily's endo from about 10 years ago. It is somewhat
> stress  related. Lily's experience was like this....
> Sleep in, no rise
> Don't  eat breakfast, no rise
> Eat protein only (no carbs) get rise  anyway.

If I don't eat anything, I will get the rise in my BG.  I try to eat breakfast
soon after getting up to head off the rising BG.  The sooner I get insulin
 going, the sooner I can cut off the higher BG or avoid it altogether. Whenever
 I try to eat a high protein breakfast I end up using more insulin than if I ate
a massive bowl of carbs.  I usually stick with steel cut oatmeal, ground flax
seeds and fruit for breakfast.

Type 1 dx 4/1987
Minimed 723 Revel + CGMS