Re: [IP] Insurance Increase for 2010

At 03:44 PM 9/30/2009, John S Wilkinson wrote:
>I am a Retired US Federal Employee. I have just been notified my Health
>for New York MVP self and family will go up to $485.88 a month That is 79.46
>more than Last
>year, that is 953.52 more a year. I really believe that this is due to the
>delving into the health care field.
>John S Wilkinson
>Rome, NY

My premium also went up.  And, no, I don't think it's got anything to
do with Washington.

In my experience, premiums go up every year.  When I was last
working, our company insurance went up at least 15 to 20% every
year.  I attribute it to the fact that the insurance companies still
want to make exorbitant profits.

I pay $300 a month for insurance and it doesn't cover any
prescriptions, no doctor office visits, no annual maintenance tests
such as cholesterol, etc.  What coverage do you have for $485.88 a
month?  Probably a lot better than me.