RE: [IP] Insulin pump/Lantus

Wow... that's really ignorant on her part. Would it be possible to write the
hospital a letter to complain? She shouldn't be allowed to practice (or at
least not in the diabetes venue) without that kind of knowledge! Sounds like a
medical board of inquiry might like to hear that kind of comment!

> From: email @ redacted
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Insulin pump/Lantus
> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:57:14 -0400
> You can make a contribution to Insulin Pumpers using any
> major credit card or PayPal. What are you waiting for?
> Your contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
> I just came from my doctors office whom I have had for 3 years. She has
> recommended that I add Lantus to my insulin pump. I asked her how I was
> supposed to do that and she told me that every insulin pump has the ability
> to hold 2 separate reservoirs, one for Lantus and one for fast acting
> insulin. I told her that she was 'nuts' and I proceeded to show her my 2020
> and asked her where the reservoir would go. She told me that it the wrong
> pump and I should be using one that has that ability. Needless to say I
> walked out of her office before the visit was completed. I am searching for
> a new doctor. I never knew she was so ignorant.
> I would like to know if anyone has knowledge of any insulin pump that has
> the ability to hold Lantus and a fast acting insulin.
> Edward Miller
> email @ redacted
> .

Internet explorer 8 lets you browse the web faster.