Re: [IP] Pharmacist Vent

--- On Tue, 9/29/09, Sharon Cotten <email @ redacted> wrote:

> *When you get your pump training they tell you to discard
> the last 20 units
> when the alarm goes off..........I know*
> *we tend to use as much as we can..........but that is the
> rule.

 I was never told to discard the last 20 units! My CDE did tell me not to fill
the reservoir completely and to only fill what I needed for 3 days plus a little
extra. I did change it every 3 days in the beginning and would discard the
remaining insulin but I was never told to throw away X units as a regular thing.
Now I fill my reservoir completely and use it until it's empty. I do lose the
insulin in the tubing. My co-pay is reasonable enough for insulin so I'm not
worried about saving every last unit but I'm also not going to throw away
perfectly good insulin that's in a reservoir.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987