Re: [IP] Insulin pump/Lantus

At 10:57 AM 9/30/2009, Ed wrote:
>I would like to know if anyone has knowledge of any insulin pump that has
>the ability to hold Lantus and a fast acting insulin.

Because an insulin pump gives your basal steadily throughout the day
with fast acting insulin, you do not need a long acting insulin such
as lantus.  The reason for a long acting insulin is that you take it
in injections once or twice a day so that the action of it needs to
extend throughout the day.  No pumps are made to use two insulins
simultaneously, nor do they need to.  Your doctor needs to go back to
school and study both diabetes/insulins and insulin pumps.

I would definitely be looking for a new doctor.  I'd be afraid of
this one.  I thought we had some real quacks here, but this one takes the cake.

RoseLea