Re: [IP] Insulin pump/Lantus

Unless she's an endocrinologist she would not know. In my experience
the only folks that know about how a pump functions and how to read
and interpret data are an endocrinologist, or endo NP/PA, perhaps a
diabetic educator, or us, the pump users.

I work as a NP in an ER and am the constant resource for interpreting
data and outcomes from patient's pumps.

As an aside, I had a patient with an old Minimed pump that was just
out of warranty. It had cracked. He's now uninsured and Medtronics
will not help him with this cracked case. The pump still works. Any
advice/

Thanks,

Jim