Re: [IP] MM pumps/static electricity

My understanding is that while rare static electricity can potentially
disrupt any electronics type of gadgets like pumps, cell phones, TV's, i
pods etc.   I've worn Minimed pumps for about 6 years now and actually
had my first episode of static electricity problems this past summer
while visiting my parents in eastern Washington over the 4th of July.
There were several thunderstorms that came through the area and I ended
up with a few bouts of "frozen screen" basically where no buttons would
work.  The fix was to pull the battery for 5 minutes and put in a new
one.  I did go through a few batteries that weekend.   The pump is fine
no further problems noted upon return to western Washington.  And to
also note I've been in eastern Washington many times with similiar
humidity and weather patterns with absolutely no problems with static
electricity and Minimed's pump.  So have absolutely no idea why this
past summer was different.  The static electricity did not affect the
sensor at all.

I've only worn Minimed so can't speak to other brands of pumps.