[IP] Support Amanda Grimston in the 2008 Walk to Cure Diabetes

Juvenile
Diabetes Research foundation

Support Amanda Grimston in the 2008 Walk to Cure Diabetes

Hi!

I'm writing to ask for your help with something very important to me. As
you all should know I have diabetes.

This year, I'll be taking part in the Juvenile Diabetes Research
Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes along with a half-million other
walkers across the country. Our goal is to raise $100 million to help
fund research for a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications.

Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating, often deadly disease
that affects millions of people--a large and growing percentage of them
children.

Many people think type 1 diabetes can be controlled by insulin. While
insulin does keep people with type 1 diabetes alive, it is NOT a cure.
Aside from the daily challenges of living with type 1 diabetes, there are
many severe, often fatal, complications caused by the disease.

That's the bad news... and yes, it's pretty bad.

The good news, though, is that a cure for type 1 diabetes is within
reach. In fact, JDRF funding and leadership is associated with most major
scientific breakthroughs in type 1 diabetes research to date. And JDRF
funds a major portion of all type 1 diabetes research worldwide, more
than any other charity.

I'm writing to ask for your support because now more than ever, EACH of
us can be a part of bringing about a cure. Each of us can make a real
difference

Won't you please give to JDRF as generously as you're able?

Together, we can make the cure a reality.

Thank you,

Amanda Grimston

Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see
how close I am to reaching my personal goal:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walke r.cfm?id=87032203

Follow this link to make a donation:

http://walk.jdrf.org/support.cfm?id=87032203

) 2008 Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. All rights reserved.