From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Floyd Shipman
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 9:34 AM
To: email @ redacted; Pumper Listserv
Subject: [IP] Pump Decisions

My Warrenty on the Deltec Cozmo Insulin Pump is up October 2008. There
appears to be no extended  warrenty.
             1. I have had one pump failure during the warrenty
period.  It occured on a Friday night and took until Tuesday to get
replacement.   I would like faster  response to pump failure.

             2. I do not have an appropriate computer to use
theCozmore  computerized management package.   I don't think that
would change with a new pump.

             3. I am used to this pump and get good results (A1c 6.0
to 6.1).

             4. In general medicare won't pay for pump or supplies.  I
am not sick enough as determined by the c-peptide test.  But Federal
Blue Cross paid 100%.  I don't know if Federal Blue Cross would pay
for new one.

             5. I like the attached  and integrated blood sugar
monitor but would consider one of the new Continuous Glucose Monitors
if Medicare or Blues would pay for it.

If I get a "new" Cozmo Pump and keep the current one it would answer
points 1 and 3.

If I try to get a new pump I would have a technology upgrade but then
would have to learn a new system.

Ideas?  Suggestions

Floyd Shipman