[IP] Fw: Re: MEDICARE/LIBERTY

Anybody elee have to go through all that?

--- On Sun, 8/31/08, Jim Durr <email @ redacted> wrote:

From: Jim Durr <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: MEDICARE/LIBERTY
To: email @ redacted
Date: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 7:29 AM

I had to do all that Medicare bullshit.  I had to get a new pump.  That
is why I had to go with Liberty.  It was MM that told me to go with
Liberty. And  then after I was going and getting lousy service with
Liberty  I called MM and they said I could go back to them.  I also I
had to take a Diabetes Education Class which Medicare paid our local
CDE for and I also had to get another  test to show my pancreas wasn't
working.  First thing in the morning, I can't think of the name of it.
C-Peptide, that's it.   I had to keep BG records for a month to show
how many times I tested.  And now I have to do it again.  I guess it is
to make sure I haven't been cured and so Medicare won't give me too
many strips.  You just have to jump through the hoops.  Bring it up on
IP and you will see lots of complaints.   I don't know how Dave, the
guy in Colton has gotten along without all that crap.  He used to leave
his site in for 9 days.  He started with the Disetronic.  I don't know
what he has now.
My site was red and I thought I would have a gusher if I didn't change
sites.
I do really like that Wizard feature.  It seems to work for me.
Good Luck!  Give 'em hell!
On Aug 31, 2008, at 5:46 AM, Linda Riblet wrote:

> I had an occlusion in a restaurant.  I unhooked the pump and hit bolus
> and ran some insulin through the tubing.  The occlusion disappeared.
> I , too, leave it in too long.  I am lazy about changing sites.
>
> I have the same Medicare as you do.  They apparently accept bills from
> only certain providers.  That Medicare rep who called me said that I
> have to get a NEW pump, paid for by them, and use THEIR chosen
> providers. But that woman also told me that BC/BS would not cover my
> Rx as of Jan. 1, and that was a LIE.  I just don't know where to turn

> or what to do, and it doesn't so any good to call them.  They just
> hang up.
>
> What did YOU do?  Isn't this why you got a Paradigm and changed from
> Liberty to somebody else?  Do they limit the amt. of insulin that you
> can buy?  Do they limit the number of test strips that you can use?

DLife.  I
>> guess I better from now on.  Oh no, now I see blood in the site.  I
>> guess that means I better change.  88.8 units left.  I guess it is
>> payback for getting 4 days out of my last site.  Jeez.  I think the
>> meter did tell me to look at my site. " Occluded" or
something.
>> Dummy
>> me.  Time to change
>> On Aug 30, 2008, at 4:31 AM, Linda Riblet wrote:
>>
>> > The trainer asked me about the Joslin and how they send letters
that
>> > say, "You will be trained by JOSLIN STAFF", as if THEIR
staff is

>> > superior to any trainers employed by the pump cos.  I don't
know why
>> > they feel that way.  Maybe they get money for it.
>> > For sure, the pump training that I got at Joslin was inadequate.
AND
>> > the pump training for the Paradigm that I got in the conference
room
>> > at a motel was exemplary.  Barbie did NOT appreciate me lauding
it.
>> > Professional competition and envy?
>> > I got a response from MEDICARE.  They paid for my recent
purchase of
>> > pump supplies and said that they would never do it again but that

>> they
>> > did it this time because I was apparently unaware that they
wouldn't
>> > cover such things.  What do I have to do to qualify for coverage
by
>> > MEDICARE?

Amazing!
>> what

> [...]
> [...]