Re: [IP] filling cartridges

My son has been using the 2020 for a few months now, previously on the
1250 and previous to that Disetronic pumps.

We rarely change his cartridge at the same time as site change, and if
we do, it's a coincidence that they both needed changed on the same day
at the same time.

One of the things I love about the Animas pump is the cartridges. I
would have to work at it to get air bubbles in there *after* a cartridge
change. Even the filling of the cartridge results in very few bubbles
and they are removed so easily. When my son was on the Disetronic pumps
there always seemed to be air bubbles forming in the cartridge and/or
tubing.

I've heard other say using room temp insulin makes a difference, but I
always take the insulin right out of the fridge and fill the cartridge
and put it right in the pump and we've never had an issue with air bubbles.

I don't know why some reps and or educators train people to change
everything at once. As expensive as supplies are, it's a bit of a waste.

--
Allison
Mom to Tarek, 15 y.o., dx Type 1 11/98, Animas 2020, Novolog, FreeStyle Flash