Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:25:46 -0400
From: "Heather York" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Priming the Paradigm

 I've been pumping for two months now, and I love it. I also love this
board, which I read daily and find very useful. Thanks, everyone!
 I do have a question. The Minimed folks said this isn't a big deal, but
it seems odd to me, so I thought I'd write and see if I should be
worried. I use a 43-inch Quickset infusion set. For the longest time, it
took 9-11 units of insulin to prime the set -- guaranteed. Now, the last
two times I've changed sites, the insulin could be seen after 2-5 units.
Something has to be wrong, right? Why would it take only two units to
fill a 43-inch infusion set? Like I said, the Minimed customer service
people told me not to worry about it, but I'm still wondering how this
is possible.
Thank you.