Re: [IP] COZMO PUMP

I have been using a Deltec Cozmo pump since early June, and am very
impressed. The paperwork process to get the pump went very well, with lots
of hands-on help and assistance from Deltec.

I had a replacement pump sent out a few weeks after I got mine, for a
problem that turned out to be non-existent. After about 2-3 weeks on the
pump, I noticed a rainbow-type marking on the screen, only in certain light
and at certain angles. However, the first time I noticed it was on a camping
trip, when getting dressed after a short swim in the lake. I was worried
that water or moisture entered the pump, but since then I realized this is
just the polarized lens on the display, and it's perfectly normal. The
replacement pump came promptly -- I called on Friday afternoon, and it was
delivered on Monday. (They did offer Saturday delivery, but I declined,
since the pump never malfunctioned and I have 2 H-Trons to use as backups
now.) Very responsive and pleasant over the phone.

I live less than 10 miles from where the Cozmo is made, and I was able to
set up a tour of the manufacturing facility. My dad, also a Cozmo pumper, is
an electrical engineer in the biomedical field, and I'm just naturally
curious about how these things are made. Can't wait to go out there -- I
think it's the end of next week! I'll post a report to the list after the
visit.

Deltec issued a press release in August concerning upgrades to the pump
software, and assured everyone that the software upgrades will be free of
charge. When the FDA approves the "CozMore" system linking a Therasense BG
meter to the Cozmo, the only additional cost will be for the meter itself.
The current PC software is great too -- only complaint is that the reports
are only available in one format (graphs would be great to see).

Anyway, that's my opinion. Let me know if you want more info.

Matt