Re: [IP] Re: Medtronic MinMed

On 25 Sep 2003 at 20:51, email @ redacted <email @ redacted> wrote:

> In a message dated 9/24/03 4:56:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> >  Next time I call to order supplies, I'm going to
> > ask if they can just leave it and see what they say.  If they can't,
> > then I'll have them delivered to my place of work.
> >
> > When Minimed required FedEx to get a signature upon delivery, I
> believe that you can make an agreement with FedEx to just leave it but
> if it disappears, you are responsible.   Minimed or Fedex will not
> replace anything under these circumstances.
> Kathie

 Being a "daily shipper" with both UPS and FedEx, the rules are: UPS Home
deliveries may
 be "dropped" if a driver so chooses. If the package disappears, there is an
 $100 insurance coverage on the package. But drivers get into trouble if a
package is
 "stolen" With FedEx, most deliveries are "signed", except when it is "home
 They too have an option to "drop" packages, unless the shipper has used the
Required" stickers.

 Best option is to get them to ship to your "commercial" (business) address.
Deliveries are
 during daylight hours and usually show up a day earlier than "home deliveries"
The only
 problem you can encounter with this is when they "insist" that it be shipped to
the billing
address used for any credit card payment.