Re: [IP] site degradation, or generally unattactive stomach mark

I agree.

A hundred thousand years ago when i was a new diabetic
i saw a book with a picture of a pair of hands.  the
caption said something like "The hands of a Diabetic
Woman" but more positive.  Whoever she was, she was
absolutely unmarked.   Moral? You can counter any kinds
of unsightly issues.

I have been on the pump since 1997, i use three
different kinds of insertion sets and sites on my arm,
upper thighs, stomach and lower back/upper buttocks.  I
don't have site degradation other than the temporary
kind i get when i forget to change my insertion set.

If you change your insertion set on the schedule the
pump supplier gives you, you will be fine.
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:36:57 -0800, "Michael" wrote:
> > hi there all,
> >
> > as i get closer to my start date, im starting to
> worry (already!)
> > about running out of sites! i recently read in dr.
> bernstein's
> > diabetes solution that *all* of his patients who had
> been on the
> > pump for more than four years had site degradation.
> That is simply another of Dr. Bernstein's incorrect
> unfounded
> statements.
> Michael
> email @ redacted
> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Miki Tracey
email @ redacted

He's a shy gay sorceror on the run. She's a tortured
junkie mermaid living on borrowed time. They fight
street.org/fightcrime.htm - Try Again