Re: RE [IP] what to do when this happens

Hi Jason

I saw your post about correction boluses.

It's good to find out how long the insulin you are using stays in your
body. For instance if you are using Humalog, it works for 4 hours. So if
you take a correction bolus, you should see your blood sugar changing
gradually over 4 hours, but you wouldn't see it get down to your target
level until the 4th hour. Sometimes it happens quicker but there are
general rules as to how the insulin works.

I think this is what someone was talking about when they mentioned the
residual insulin effect in one of their responses. There are formulas you
can use to predict where your glucose will be in one hour, two hours,
three, and four hours from the time of a correction bolus.

If you are interested, I can tell you more specifics on how I use it.

Sue Kinzelman