re:[IP] Airport Screening

"A. Kelsey Metcalf" <email @ redacted>wrote:

I'm just catching up on my reading after being out of town and saw this post.
Why would you ask for a hand check?   So I'm curious about the need for
a hand check...

I asked them to hand check my bottles of insulin, instead for frying them in
the xray machine.  I had my pump in my pocket and walked thru with no
problems.  According to the TSA supervisor, the xray machine uses no more than
a chest
xray, but I wouldn't subject my bottles to that either.  I think I'll just
pocket the bottles, which have no more metal than a Levi's button, next time I
fly out of Phoenix!

Katherine Nelson & MyHope3 (the pump)
Albuquerque, NM
dx T2 '86, T1 '96, MM 508 since 5/15/01
MMM 511 (Paradigm) since 9/13/02 & 5/28/03