[IP] site degradation, or generally unattactive stomach marks

hi there all,

as i get closer to my start date, im starting to worry (already!) about
running out of sites! i recently read in dr. bernstein's diabetes solution
that *all* of his patients who had been on the pump for more than four
years had site degradation. now, site degradation is one thing, but how
many of you have visible longterm "lumps" from pumping? im the slightest
bit vain, and i do worry -- even more than just wearing the pump-- about
getting "pitting" or lumps. ive been on mdi since i was 21 (8 years)  and
other than lots of bruises since im thin, no lumps or bumps or site
the pump is attractive enough of an option for me to get over this cosmetic
problem, but, i do like to know what im getting into.
so: bare bones question, i guess, how many of long term pumpers have
scarring or visible skin evidence of pumping (other than the pump itself ;))

oh, and,
and thanks to all of you who responded to my question about insurance
coverage-- im asking my insurance about their coverage for durable medical

Ruth Jennison
English Dept.
University of California, Berkeley
320 Wheeler Hall