-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:25 PM
To: email @ redacted

On Sunday I walked in the local Juvenile Diabetes Walk here in
NY.   A 13 year old diabetic girl was the local rep for the Juvenile
 Meeting in Washington, DC. Her grandmother said that Mary Tyler Moore
spoke at
the meeting and MTM said that she would not go for a pump.   This 13
year old
told me that her latest A1C was 10.7.   I told her that mine was 7.3
with the
pump and a friend in KY (Nanceseven) had a latest A1C of 6.7.   This
 gal says "NO!" to the pump. Her doctor has warned her about her high
A1Cs and
that complications could be coming.

I hear that MTM's hubby is a doctor, but.....what can we do?

Jimmy Durr