Re: [IP] Ketosis vs. Ketoacidosis

From: "Dani Davidson" email @ redacted
 I am starting to eat
fewer carbs to find out if this will gain me a little extra control (plus, I
think I just eat too many to begin with!). Anyway, if I were to get ketones
because I am eating fewer carbs, yet my blood sugar is in the normal range,
is this cause for alarm? If I remember right, it is only the ketones with
the high blood sugar (and dehydration) that makes it ketoacidosis, which is
what I should be concerned about.
Has anyone been on a low-carb diet and have any suggestions/advice about
Thanks for your help!
Dani Davidson

I've always been told that ketones w/o high sugar is not an issue, though
you'd want to drink clear fluids to flush 'em out.  A lot of weightlifters
have this issue, due to the cutting phases of body building, but I believe
they drink *lots* of water for that very reason.  However, as diabetics,
this seems like it could be a huge "ymmv" situation...