[IP] what to do when this happens

I think you can prevent it from happening. I had (have) hypoglycemic
unawareness, too. One of the first things my CDE suggested after I
became regulated on the pump was to increase my awareness. I wouldn't
feel lows until I was in my 20s and the symptoms were vague. Several
times I became unable to function. I ran slightly elevated blood sugars
for several weeks-and I became able to sense my lows in the 50s and 60s.
This may be covered in Pumping Insulin III, I loaned my copy out, or in
the archives here. Lynn