RE: [IP] how to get 100 % reimbursement: question, not answer :)

 --- On Tue 09/23, ruth jennison < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: ruth jennison [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:16:32 -0400Subject: [IP] how to
get 100 % reimbursement: question, not answer :)Hi there all,Here's an insurance
question. My insurance has agreed to 80%-- which is how they cover my
prescriptions. Seems to me that the pump is qualitatively different than a
prescription, and might be classified more like a surgery or other invasive
procedure, which they cover at 100%. Has anyone had luck getting their insurance
to reimburse the full 100%? If so, what arguments did you use? Just a poor
graduate student posing the question ;)As always, thanks in advance for any
 Ruth, I don't know what insurance company you have but my pump is considered
DME (Durable Medical Equipment) which is covered under a different rate than
presciptions. And insurance companies can cover DME from 50% all the way to 100%
depending on how the policy is written. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com