[IP] Re: Medtronic MiniMed - Delivery Frustrations

For some reason MM started requiring people to be home to sign for their
deliveries.  You can't even leave a note for the Fedex guy to leave it at
the front door.  Now, if they're delivering a $6,000 piece of equipment like
a pump, I can understand that.  But they started doing this without any
notification and if you knew about it ahead of time, you could've had them
deliver it to your place of work.

When I spoke to MM about this new delivery method and how inconvenient it
was, I was told their system is set to default to this procedure, and when
you order your supplies, you need to tell them to override it and change it
if you want them delivered with no signature required.  This seems
ridiculous to me that they can't change it permanently for individuals who
request it.  When I spoke to this person, I had been calling about getting a
couple of replacement reservoirs due to leaky o-rings, which he was going to
send out right away.  Two days later I had a note on my door that there was
an attempted delivery from Fedex that I needed to sign for.  It was for two
reservoirs!  I couldn't believe the rep at MM didn't correct that in the
system before sending them out, especially since we had just talked about
it.  In the past, when I've needed replacement reservoirs (only once), they
were sent through the regular mail.

dx'd 3/02, pumping 8/02 clear Paradigm