[IP] Va. pumpers(was North Carolina pumpers)

Hurricane Isabel's aftermath--here in central Va. in the suburbs of Richmond
we had high winds in the low 70's which took down an unbelievable number of
huge trees and many, many power lines and poles.  The power co. hopes to have
75% of its customers restored  by Thurs.  Most of the area has been without
 power since last Thurs. Luckily, we only lost power for 4 hrs. on Thurs. and
got to watch the Va. Tech football game on Thurs. night!  We could not drink
our water without boiling until today.  Ice, bottled water, and charcoal have
been in great demand.  We froze water in our emptied milk jugs to share with
our friends who had no power.  Luckily, we only had tree limbs in our yard,
 while neighbors had trees on their houses. After all this, a tornado came
here this morning, about 5 miles from our house and brought several more
 inches of rain and more downed trees and power lines. We are counting our
though, because we are much more fortunate than our friends on the Outer
 Banks of N.C. and in Tidewater VA. Schools are still out here and probably will
until next week.  The pharmacies were closed for several days and many of the
roads were blocked by trees. Thanks to IP suggestions in the past, before the
storm came, we made sure we had  plenty of pump  and other D supplies, and
had them handy for a quick dash if necessary.  All is gradually returning to

Sherry, mom to Liz, age 14, dx3/01, pumping MM508-5/02 in Virginia