[IP] RE: AIC Chart

Mike offered:
>>>Use the direct formulas for finding your A1C vs Avg BG's result....
HGBA1C = (Average Blood Glucose - 60)/30 + 4
Average Blood Glucose = (HGA1C - 4) x 30) + 60 >>>

This is scary considering I was on a pump in early '84 and had an A1c of
15.6%. come to find out the battery clips in my pump were either copper or
silver and the pump company (NOT MiniMed!!) did not recall them to change to
the right ones. They waited until the pumps came in for repair for something
or other and changed them. My pump wasn't operating correctly and worse yet,
doc asked if I was having a problem. I told him No cuz I always had had 4+
urine sugars and considered it all my fault anyway. BUT I now think he
should have worked with me to find the cause. I shouldn't have been
dismissed and let be. Let's see, a 15.6% A1c figures out to an average
of.... (I'm not up on my math.)

Change is wonderful as long as it doesn't involve me.  ~ gail d [IPer]