RE: [IP] MiniMed Response/Disetronic

>That may be your perception of the situation but I know that the Disetronic
>employees in our area were very upset over the situation. If I remember
>correctly, Disetronic was basically told by the FDA what they could say and
>what they couldn't. From what I understand, the company is still servicing
>their pumps that are out there and working diligently to rectify the
>that the FDA finds unsatisfactory.

I was not referring to the current FDA problems with Disetronic as Jan
Hughey pointed out, but the letter that was sent a year or two ago when
Disetronic advised H-Tron users to no longer use the pumps in or even near
water.  This problem may have led, in part, to the FDA's ruling now, that I
don't know.  I do know that even when we questioned Disetronic about a
possible "sport case" similar to the one that MM had for their
non-waterproof pumps, nothing ever happened.  We were only told to remove
the pump when going in or near water and, if you couldn't disconnect
because you were using a set that didn't do so, well then you had to also
remove the set and then put in a new one when you were no longer in the
water.  I, personally, thought that was a bit extreme (what if I were a
lifeguard using non-detachable rapids at that time?  Would I have been
expected to go through a set each day or would I have had to quit my job to
satisfy Disetronic's new recommendation?) As I previously said, Disetronic
did NOTHING about the water issue and the H-Tron pumps except send us a
letter to cover their butts.  At least right now, MM is offering users of
the affected pumps free sports guards while Disetronic did nothing.