Re: [IP] Paradigm upgrade

>  So, perhaps there is some calibration that is done within the meter
itself that
> takes into account the differences that might be found in using
> sites such as the forearm.

How would the meter know which site was used? The meter would have to know
whether to use the finger calibration or the AST calibration. But there's no
way the meter can know.

Thus, I agree that it seems that AST ability seems to be just the ability to
use a small amount of blood, as the BD meter does. It seems that they chose
to "label" their meter as non-AST and not get FDA approval for AST; but I
cannot see anything mechanically that would not allow it to be used for AST.